Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Curried Tomato Stew with Chickpea Dumplings no chili spice






So I was blessed in winning a new cookbook by Gina Hamshaw, entitled Power Plates  
it came in the mail yesterday and I have only made one recipe so far  but was blown away by the ease of preparation as well as the fantastic flavor! An added bonus I had everything on hand, if this is any indication  of what I can expect from the other recipes I'm very excited!  

*The stew base is made from olive oil, onions, garlic, ground turmeric, sweet paprika, curry powder, canned crushed tomatoes, red lentils, vegetable broth, salt, (omitted-->)red pepper flakes, and kale. 

*The dumplings are made from chickpea flour, salt, baking powder, cumin, fresh parsley, scallion greens, and water.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the cookbook! The stew & dumplings look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete