Friday, November 4, 2016

MoFo Day 4: Eating out





Truth be told we don't eat out often. First off we live in northern Michigan where most of the restaurants question whether  fish or eggs are vegan. We have a couple restaurants including the co-ops deli that has vegan offerings but they range from too expensive ----> we can make it far better at home for far less cost. Plus you always run the risk of biting into a slab of bacon on you cheese free veggie pizza, I couldn't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Which is strange because I've been kosher for more years than not and never had this issue until I used the words "vegetarian" with a dairy allergy or "Vegan" when placing the order.

Pizza woes aside one thing we do get when rushing or simply NOT wanting to cook is taco bell. My favorite is the Taco Salad: black beans in place of beef, no cheese, no sour cream, add rice, potatoes if you're feeling super hungry and red sauce.

Taco Bell even has a "How to order vegan" link on their site, which is pretty awesome if you ask me!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when big chains have vegan options and a bit of knowledge about how to veganise their dishes. It makes life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a taco bell - nowhere in Wales does it.
    I live in Wales and its much the same, but i have to be fair it has got better in the past five years, unless you go to the Welsh valleys and the only thing they have on the menu is a jacket potato with beans. Visiting for VeganMofo

    ReplyDelete