Thursday, September 18, 2014

Post 12; Tofu scramble and gryffindor knits.


-The Deathly Hallows


 Okay so it's confession time,  although we have  been eating this way for a bit over a year this was the fist time I've made a tofu scramble. Which to the egg eaters  out there that may not seem very surprising but considering nearly every vegan cookbook I've looked though has a recipe and 99% of the blogs I've read have several it's as kitchen regular in most soy eating veg homes as eggs and toast in non-vegans. I just figured it wouldn't come close to the"real" thing.  

It's different but it's bloody tasty and I'll be making this regularly from now on!
 
I don't have an original recipe for you, but I do have a link so you cam make it the same way I did if you wish. This is Bianca's recipe from Vegan Crunk  for Tofu Scramble I halved the recipe and omitted the dried basil since I didn't have any and it was still REALLY good. I'll try it with basil when I buy more but if that isn't a spice you normally use you don't have to buy it special. The veggies  I used were onion, zucchini, spinach,  halved cherry tomatoes and mushrooms.

My oldest daughters new coat is bright red she wanted a red hat scarf and gloves. I suggested she pick a contrast color  and suggested white when she grabbed the yellow and declared GRYFFINDOR colors! Her school colors are very similar also,  think 3rd film crimson and gold.Maybe next year I'll make her the official scarf:
Seeing as how Hermione is her favorite character I'll likely make the hat in this  screen shot to go with though probably in a matching color unless A is insistent on film accuracy you can find the pattern here for the hat and the scarf.

But we are kicking it Sorcerer's Stone style, and there isn't nearly enough time to make the official scarf before the snow flies.

Ever helpful kitten.

A happy little Gryffindor!She picked the pattern, I still have to weave in the ends and make the hat and gloves but it will help ward off the chill!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable photos! LOVE the colors and scarf! The scramble is wonderful too! Now I want one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you!! I'm nearly done with the hat I'm wondering if I should have kept it more solid rather than as stripped as the scarf I guess we shall see! It was great I made another one today! This time with the basil and it was just as good!!

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the scramble! If you have Vegan Brunch it has a few different recipes, too, and a tempeh scramble I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had it three times already since this post my girls love it! I don't have that yet but I have it on my list, I bet the tempeh would be great!!

      Delete