Sunday, November 6, 2016

MoFo Day 6: Comfort Food

Yikes I almost missed posting today between daylight savings time, 74 degree weather which on the 6th of November is nearly unheard of here, and my fathers birthday coming up tomorrow and I nearly forgot.

We had leftovers for dinner and it was simply a basic potato soup served with biscuits super tasty extremely comforting and very convenient. I don't have a recipe to share per say since I just through it together but 8 med potatoes or so 2 med onions 2 carrots 2 stalks celery pinch thyme, pepper, tablespoon or so of paprika , and no chicken soup base and enough water to cover everything by a couple inches and  then I boiled it for about 40 min.  I used House Vegan's "Perfect Fluffy Biscuit" recipe again which I linked in Mofo Day 1's post. Hers looks worlds better than mine I admit to being lazy and not dirtying a cup to make perfect uniform biscuits but they always turn out amazing so don't let my picture dissuade you from trying them!

1 comment:

  1. My biscuits/scones usually look like yours too - who has time to measure things perfectly?! It looks really good and comforting.

    ReplyDelete