Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Vegan Mofo 2018 Day late and a dollar short

Hey I'm Nicole just your average mid 30something, vegan mom of 2 living in Northern Michigan.  If it was just left up to me I'd be cooking quick stir fries, curries and soup and that’s about it, thankfully my non-vegan husband keeps our menu interesting!  I post a lot of what we eat on Instagram you can find me there at @n_selah_o

September started off with a bang, I was extremely ill, my youngest can no longer have gluten and they are back to school! Right now I'm trying to get ahead of the canning so I will leave you with a very simple but honest what I eat when the kids are at school, husband is at work and I've got more pressing things to worry about.


A monster bowl of thick rolled oats, fresh dollop of plum jam only a few days since the plums were harvested from our back yard and canned. For added nutrition and excitement chia and flax seeds, cinnamon, clove, ginger and a splash of maple syrup, super simple, very filling. I'll be good until dinner which is just a simple garden stir fry with whatever I can find that needs harvesting and some rice. 

Thanks so much for stopping by I'll see you tomorrow!!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Vegan MoFo! Your oats sound great, and what an impressive harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! Happy Vegan MOFO to you too! We have been very fortunate with our garden this year!!!

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful veggies! Sometimes all you need is simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy VeganMoFo! You can't go wrong with a big bowl of oats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Vegan MoFo to you too!! No you can't it's one of my favorite things to eat!! <3

      Delete