Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Post 14; Roast and baked potatoes


                                 
They climbed the steps into the entrance hall and went into the Great Hall for lunch.
" Must be nice, " Ron said abruptly, when they had sat down and started serving themselves roast beef and Yorkshire puddings. "To have so much money you don't otice if a pocketful of galleons goes missing."

"Listen, I had other stuff on my mind that night!" said Harry impatiently. "We all did, remember?"

" I didn't know leprechaun gold vanishes, " Ron muttered. " I thought I was paying you back. You shouldn't've given me that Chudley Cannon hat for Christmas."- Goblet of Fire Chapter 28
                                                                    ***
      A thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. The Feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet.
    Harry was just helping himself to a baked potato when professor Quirrell came sprinting into the hall, his turban askew and terror on his face. Everyone stared as he reached Professor Dumbledore's chair slumped against the table, and gasped, "Troll -- in the dungeons--thought you ought to know."
    He then sank to the floor in a dead faint. - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 10


There was a side salad also not pictured,




My first experience making a seitan roast. The family wasn't sold on this one, in fact there was a request to not have this again. O.o I thought it was good and to the best of my knowledge it turned out exactly as it should have. I used the recipe from Vegan Zombie minus the rosemary and doubled it because I had plans for two future posts that wouldn't work with rosemary. When I make this again I'll use rosemary and make Gyros.

The  potatoes  were super simple and very tasty, all I did was coat them with oil and them cut as you see  above. Then I sprinkled them with sea salt and baked them  the last  hour with the seitan. Of  the four the two larger potatoes needed to go back into the oven for another 15 minutes. Which worked out just fine while I made the gravy and waited for the seitan to rest. All the gravy was, was a bit of the cooking broth some flour and parsley cooked until thickened. I really enjoyed this meal!





Before going into the oven.

One hour in.

Done.











2 comments:

  1. Oh man, but that seitan with gravy looks legit! I can't imagine requesting not to have it. Well, I nominated you for a Liebster award :) http://www.housevegan.com/2014/09/liebster-award-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Thank you so much for the nomination!! I'm so glad you're enjoying my little corner of the web! :) :) It was really good I hope my people come around they have like a few sausages and cutlets made with seitan I guess I need to remind myself to be patient, in theory they will come around. :)

      Delete