Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Post 15; Harry's Birthday Cake





In  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Chapter 4 (The Keeper of the Keys) Rubeus Hagrid baked a large, sticky chocolate cake with "Happy Birthday Harry" written in icing for Harry's eleventh birthday.
For our cake we used Angela's of the blog  oh she glows recipe for fudgy mocha pudding cake from her cookbook The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out . 
Not being coffee fans we opted for the "hot water" option which seemed a bit unexciting when I remembered the wild sweet orange Tazo tea in the cupboard and used that. AMAZING! When we make this again, I'm going to make the tea with two bags for a stronger orange essence.   

While making it I was sure I was doing it wrong it looked SO bad. She notes that it will so I kept going. However having never had, or made a pudding cake before I was skeptical to say the very least. 

Oh no! I thought.

The recipe is on line the two I found ( I didn't look all that hard sorry.) didn't appear to have permission to share it so I am not linking them for you, and in all honestly if you don't own this book you should. Even many of my non vegan friends love her recipes. That said Google away and enjoy it's amazing!
Does this look right??

Yummmmm!

Hurry up and make yourself some you won't regret it! Unless you hate gooey fudgy chocolate magic. This cake stole carrot cakes rank in my oldest daughters heart, if you knew her you would know what that means for nine years that is the ONLY type of cake she wanted for her birthday cake.  There is a long way before April but she swears this is what she wants incorrect spelling and all. Oh and this is gluten free (oat flour) provided the rest of your ingredients are also.                                                                              ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment