'Fred - George - NO, JUST CARRY THEM!' Mrs Weasley shrieked.
Harry, Sirius and Mundungus looked round and, within a split second, they had dived away from the table. Fred and George had bewitched a large cauldron of stew, an iron flagon of Butterbeer and a heavy wooden breadboard, complete with knife, to hurtle through the air towards them. The stew skidded the length of the table and came to a halt just before the end, leaving a long black burn on the wooden surface; the flagon of Butterbeer fell with a crash, spilling its contents everywhere; the bread knife slipped off the board and landed, point down and quivering ominously, exactly where Sirius's right hand had been seconds before.
'FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!' screamed Mrs Weasley. THERE WAS NO NEED - I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS - JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!'
'We were just trying to save a bit of time!' said Fred, hurrying forward to wrench the bread knife out of the table. 'Sorry, Sirius, mate - didn't mean to - '
Harry and Sirius were both laughing; Mundungus, who had toppled backwards off his chair, was swearing as he got to his feet; Crookshanks had given an angry hiss and shot off under the dresser, from where his large yellow eyes glowed in the darkness.- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Chapter 5
|Note the buttery spread? This was after I removed half to smear on another slice. My 9 year old was "upset" I hadn't left well enough alone.It looked like cake frosting.|
Okay so remember I made seitan for the first time? Well this was part of what else I was using it for, we have one more recipe in the next few days. Truth be told I won't be using Seitan in this again however it was good but my father and I were the only ones who didn't pick the seitan bits out as they ate. So MORE mushrooms in the future.
Molly's Irish Stew
- Seitan cut into 1 inch pieces or double the button mushrooms.
- 3 teaspoons of salt (more to taste)
- 2Tbsp olive oil reduce to just a small amount if using more mushrooms rather than seitan just to brown garlic
- 8oz Button mushrooms whole or halved/quartered depending on size.
- 2 portabella caps stem and all
- 6 cups of water and 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Base
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cup of extra stout (make sure it's vegan) Beer
- 3/4 cup of hearty red wine(Make sure it's vegan)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups of potatoes cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces, I used red so cut them on the larger size.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch pieces of parsnip and carrot use all carrot if you wish peel if not organic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp dry parsley